top of page

Benefits Payments

When a person who receives Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, or VA benefits becomes incapable of managing those benefits, the Social Security Administration or Veterans' Administration can appoint a representative payee for such benefits without the necessity of guardianship. If the person is a resident of a nursing or personal care home, the benefits may be made payable directly to the care facility. If the resident qualifies for Medicare or Medicaid, an assignment of benefits may satisfy any balance of monthly care charges in excess of Social Security or VA benefits.

bottom of page